Family Ski Holidays in Tirol
Winter Holidays with Children in the Zillertal
The Zillertal in Tirol is a wonderful base for versatile winter family holidays. Skiing, tobogganing, excursions: There is an abundance of activities on and off the ski slopes for the whole family to enjoy. Many new friends can be found during childcare at the hotel where the children engage in various games and activities.
Highlights for families
- Childcare at the hotel for children aged 5 years and over in the main holiday seasons from Sunday to Friday from 16.00 to 21.00 (from mid-December to the beginning of March and during the Easter holidays).
- Fun in the snow is guaranteed while the kids practice their first ski turns in the Arena Kids Club, featuring Tirol’s highest elevation kindergarten, dedicated learning zones, ski schools, and restaurants for children.
Skiing for children
Our very young guests should not miss a visit to the Arena Kids Club directly at the Isskogelbahn mountain station. While the adults spend a relaxed day on the ski slopes, children aged between 1 and 4 years are well catered for. The Arena Kids Club is open from Sunday to Friday from 9.00 to 15.30 and has a children’s restaurant.
Michi’s ski school provides a safe and fun environment for children to learn their first turns. The highlights: the conveyor belt for children, the children’s disco with mascot Billi, and the children’s ski race with award ceremony.
Action for teenagers
Teenagers have their own mind. The Gaspingerhof offers many possibilities for youngsters to connect with others. In the winter, everything centers around the ski slopes. Michi’s ski school offers special courses for teenagers. Seasoned skiers can explore the numerous halfpipes, kickers and rails in the Snowpark Gerlos.
Speed queens and thrill-seekers can test their skills at the speed check and ski movie runs. Families should not miss a ride on the Arena Coaster, the first alpine roller coaster in the Zillertal, with 360° curves, rapid waves and cool jumps.
The ****Superior Hotel Gaspingerhof has a direct underground passage to the 10-person gondola lift Dorfbahn Gerlos.
- Direct underground passage to the gondola lift
- Ski depot in the valley station [Book ski locker online]
- Sports shop and ski rentals in the valley station
- The gondola delivers you to the slopes in just 8 minutes
- Ski descent directly to the hotel
Ski holidays at the Gaspingerhof
- Underground passage to the gondola lift Dorfbahn Gerlos
- Doorstep skiing from & to the hotel
- Free ski bus every 15 minutes directly at the hotel
- Ski pass sale at the hotel reception
- Ski depot in the building of the Dorfbahn Gerlos
Ski area Zillertal Arena
- High-altitude skiing on 1300 – 2500 metres
- Snow-sure from December to April
- 150 kilometres of ski slopes accessed by 52 gondolas & lifts
- Kid’s paradise with 10 snow sport schools, family ski area
- 31 on-mountain restaurants, huts & umbrella bars