Explore the Tirolean mountains, relax and enjoy.
The Gaspingerhof is your expert for hiking holidays in Tirol. Hiking is the perfect way to forget the stress of everyday life while exploring the wonderful nature around you. Every step will boost your mood and energy levels. In Gerlos, it’s up to you to choose from hiking trails that range from leisurely strolls to quaint mountain huts to conquering summits. The Zillertal boasts 800 kilometres of well-groomed hiking trails for all abilities: 136 kilometres of Nordic walking trails, 15 easy, 51 moderately difficult and 9 difficult hiking trails, 9 themed hikes and more than 40 cosy mountain huts, eateries and restaurants.
A hiking paradise at your doorstep
At the Hotel Gaspingerhof, your hiking holidays in the Zillertal start right at the doorstep. The free hiking bus which stops directly in front of the hotel, takes you to the starting points of the most scenic tours of the Zillertal Arena. Many tours can be started directly at the hotel.
One of the highlights of your hiking holidays in Tirol is definitely a tour into the five side valleys of Gerlos (Schwarzachtal, Wimmertal, Krumbachtal, Schönachtal and Wildgerlostal), which attract hikers with their unspoilt nature. Whether you’re a pleasure hiker or summiteer, there’s plenty of tours available, for example to the Richter mountain hut or the Krimmler Tauernhaus.
Hiking in Gerlos – loop trails and summit victories
There’s a lot to explore in the Zillertal: Numerous loop trails are waiting to be discovered. A leisurely tour for beginners is the two-hour tour around the reservoir. Seasoned hikers can tackle the seven-hour loop trail to the Arbiskogel and the Wildspitze.
Gerlos is also a perfect family-friendly mountain destination. The whole family can explore the local flora and fauna on various themed hiking trails such as the yodel trail in Königsleiten, the alpine animal nature trail, or the adventure trail. If you’re aiming high, you will find many exhilarating summits on altitudes up to 3000 metres.
Out and about with expert guides – Hiking holidays in the Zillertal
Our in-house hiking guide Erich accompanies you on guided tours six times per week. He will show you his favourite spots and provide valuable information about the mountains. In addition, guests of the Gaspingerhof can join the free BergAKTIV summer programme. From mid-June to mid-September the Zillertal mountain experts take you on a variety of excursions (except Saturdays).
The Gaspingerhof services for your hiking holidays
- Informative evening with hiking tips in Gerlos
- 6 guided tours per week with our certified mountain and Nordic walking guide Erich (Sunday to Friday)
- Guided barefoot hike with fivefingers shoes (1x per week)
- Free participation in the BergAKTIV programme – a versatile mountain and hiking programme
- Free hire of equipment (rucksacks, hiking poles, rain gear)
- Lunch snacks from 1.00 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. with soup and fresh salads
- Hikers’ afternoon snacks from 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. with cakes, snacks and soft drinks
- Maps, guidebooks and brochures are available at our reception (against fee)
- Free shuttle service from June to September between Zell am Ziller and Königsleiten – the hiking bus stops directly in front of the hotel
- Drying room for wet hiking gear
Top Summer Offers
14/07/2018 - 27/09/2018Preis pro Person
25/08/2018 - 21/09/2018Preis pro Person