Hiking Holidays in Tirol
Explore the Zillertal mountains
Hotel Gaspingerhof is the perfect base for hiking holidays in Tirol. Hiking is a wonderful way to forget the stress of everyday life while exploring the amazing nature around you. Every step will boost your mood and energy level. Choose from a variety of hiking trails ranging from leisurely strolls to summit tours. Gerlos boasts 400 kilometres of well-maintained hiking trails for all abilities and over 40 cosy mountain huts, eateries and restaurants.
Hiking in Tirol
At the Hotel Gaspingerhof, your hiking holidays start right on the doorstep. The free hiking bus, which stops in front of the hotel, takes you to the most scenic tours of the Zillertal Arena. Many tours start directly from the hotel.
Gaspinger’s Service for Hikers
- Free participation in the BergAKTIV Programme from June to September
- Free use of cable cars in Gerlos & Königsleiten
- Free equipment hire (rucksacks, hiking poles, rain gear)
- Maps, guidebooks and brochures are available at our reception (against fee)
- Free shuttle service from June to September between Zell, Gerlos and and Königsleiten – bus stop in front of the hotel
- Drying room for wet hiking gear
Hiking for Families
There’s a lot to explore in the Zillertal: Many themed trails and interpretive walks are waiting to be discovered. A leisurely tour for beginners is the two-hour tour around the reservoir. Seasoned hikers can tackle the seven-hour loop trail to the Arbiskogel and the Wildspitze.
Gerlos is also a perfect family-friendly mountain destination. The whole family can explore the local flora and fauna on various themed hiking trails such as the yodel trail in Königsleiten, the alpine animal nature trail, and the adventure trail.
Hiking Paradise Gerlos
One of the highlights of your hiking holidays in Tirol is definitely a tour into the five side valleys of Gerlos (Schwarzachtal, Wimmertal, Krumbachtal, Schönachtal and Wildgerlostal), which attract hikers with their unspoilt nature. Whether you’re a pleasure hiker or summiteer, there’s plenty of tours available, for example to the Richter mountain hut or the Krimmler Tauernhaus. If you’re aiming high, you will find many exhilarating summits on altitudes up to 3000 metres.
Top Summer Offers
Mountain Summer Highlights
- Free use of cable cars in Gerlos and Königsleiten
- Free hiking bus directly in front of the hotel
- Free hire of hiking poles & rucksacks
- Berg Aktiv & Bike Aktiv programme
- Summer programme for children