Mountain Biking in Tirol
Explore the Zillertal mountains on two wheels
Calling all mountain bikers and pleasure cyclists! The Gaspingerhof is the perfect base for versatile mountain bike holidays in Tirol. Pedal your way through the Zillertal and explore over 800 kilometres of waymarked trails. The region in and around Gerlos boasts a network of 230 kilometres of trails. All the region’s natural hallmarks are a mountain biker’s dream: rough terrain, exhilarating downhill rides, and challenging single trails.
Gaspinger’s Bike Service
- Lockable bicycle compartment in the underground car park
- Coin-operated washer and dryer
- BikeAKTIV programme with 5 guided tours per week
- Mountain bike information booth with maps and tour suggestions
- Advice on tour planning
- Daily updated weather information
Guided tours in Gerlos
Cycling and mountain biking in groups is just more fun. Join the BikeAKTIV guides on the most scenic tours in various levels of difficulty. The BikeAKTIV programme takes place from June to September and is free for guests of the Gaspingerhof. Tours meet at 10.00 at the bandstand in Gerlos (300 metres from the hotel).
Downhill in the Zillertal
Mountain biking in the Zillertal is pure pleasure. However, if you rather ride downhill than uphill, there are four adventurous single trails that will get your adrenaline flowing. The Wiesenalm trail which starts from the middle station of the Rosenalmbahn gondola lift offers more than 5 kilometres full of twists, pumps and Northshore elements. The Isskogel trails and the bike park Mayrhofen also offer some thrilling rides.
Mountain Summer Highlights
- Free use of cable cars in Gerlos and Königsleiten
- Free hiking bus directly in front of the hotel
- Free hire of hiking poles & rucksacks
- Berg Aktiv & Bike Aktiv programme
- Summer programme for children